In the Name of Allah, Most Gracious, Ever Merciful
Instructions to Presidents re
Peace through the Messiah Campaign: "World Crisis and the Pathway to Peace" Book
1. Who to Give the Book to:
- City, County, State and Federal Decision Makers/Leaders
- Churches [especially Catholic], Synagogues
- University Professors: Especially Professors of Religious Studies, Humanities, Social Studies and Political Science.
- Think Tanks and other Civic Organizations like, United Way, Red Cross, Organizations like World Affairs Council and other Civic and Political and Religious Social Service and Community Groups.
- Business Leaders
2. How to Give the Book:
- The book must be given by hand to the leader OR at the very least to a SENIOR OFFICIAL in his/her office and not mailed or dropped off and simply left at a table etc.
- Use the attached cover letter personalized by addition of the local Jama'at President information. The book must go from the Jama'at/Chapter President and not any other official.
- When presenting the book use the attached Talking Points that outline the questions related to current world situation.
- If an opportunity arises do show the person the 4 minute Intro to Ahmadiyya Muslim Community video: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B1J0FXSjDVNfZDVOa3cwb1RyTms/edit
3. Talking Points:
- The world is passing through very turbulent times.
- The global economic crisis continues to manifest newer and graver dangers almost every week.
- The similarities to the period just before the Second World War continue to be cited and it seems clear that events are moving the world at an unprecedented pace towards a horrific third world war.
- There is an overwhelming sense that things are quickly getting out of control and the people are looking for someone to step onto the stage to offer concrete, solid, guidance in which they can have confidence and that speaks to their heart and mind alike and gives them hope that there is a path that can lead to peace.
- The consequences of a nuclear war are so catastrophic that none dare even think about them. Here, in this book, we have gathered the guidance put forth by Hadrat Mirza Masroor Ahmad, the Head of the worldwide Ahmadiyya Muslim Community.
- Over the past several years, as events have unfolded, he has been fearless in announcing to the world where things are heading—not to create alarm but to prepare them to think about how the world has arrived in this state of being and how it can avert disaster and chart a course to peace and security for all the people that inhabit this global village.
- The only way to insure peace is for the world to adopt the ways of humility and justice and to humbly, submissively, turn to God; for man to become humane; for the strong to treat the weak with dignity and respect and justice and for the weak and poor to also to show gratitude and adopt the ways of truth and righteousness and for all to turn to their Creator in utter humility and total sincerity.
- The way back from the brink of disaster is for nations to make justice an absolute requirement of their dealings with each other.
- Even if there is enmity between them they need to still observe justice because history has taught us that this is the only way to eliminate all traces of future hatreds and thus build a lasting peace.
4. Who will do it:
- President, PA Secretary, Tabligh Secretary and all Jama'at members - men and women in an organized manner.
- Go as a group of two or three people to any of the selected leader(s) with whom prior arrangements to meet have been made and take your time to make a presentation as detailed above.
- Deliver the Book with the Media Advisory to all the local media contacts with whom you have previously interacted - especially during the "Muslims for Peace," "Muslims for Life," "Muhammad, Messenger of Peace" campaigns.
- Try and get time from the Editorial Board and Main Journalists of the organization to present them the book and give them a full introduction as above.
6. Track and Report:
- For every Book delivered, use the following FORM to enter the details and submit a report in a timely manner: http://www.muslimsforpeace.org/local-chapter/
- Make sure to report the details about the person to whom the Book was given and also any interesting incident or story related to this.
- Take care to fill the form properly. In the "Books Read" Section select "World Crisis..."