Duties of National Secretary Ishā‘at (Publications)
(Chapter/Regional Secretary Ishā‘at (Publications) follows up and assures implementation at the chapter/regional level)
350 He shall try to make the Jamā‘at literature available to the members. For this purpose he may also undertake publication of books written by the Promised Messiah (peace be upon him), his Malfūẓāt and books written by different Khulafā’ and eminent scholars of the Jamā‘at .
351 He shall undertake publication of Jamā‘at’s magazines and gazettes.
352 Where possible, he shall be responsible for running Jamā‘at’s book depot(s).
353 He shall collect and dispatch to the Markaz the literature, which is published against Islam and Aḥmadiyyat. Where necessary he shall also publish a refutation thereof.
354 He shall see that appropriate articles in support of Islam and Aḥmadiyyat are published in daily papers and periodicals.
355 He shall involve talented members of the Jamā‘at in writing articles and books which may promote aims and objects of the Jamā‘at.
356 He shall see that Jamā‘at’s literature is translated and published in the local languages.
357 He shall see that all major branches have their own libraries and reading rooms which fulfil needs of the Jamā‘at .
358 He shall arrange an exhibition library in which literature published by Jamā‘at in different languages of the world is displayed.
359 Before undertaking publication of any new book he shall get approval from Wakīlut-Taṣnīf Taḥrīk Jadīd. He shall see that when a Jamā‘at member desires to publish some book on a topic which concerns the Jamā‘at, he will seek guidance and permission from Wakīlut-Taṣnīf.
360 He shall be responsible for collecting and compiling Jamā‘at’s history.
361 He shall collect and forward to the Markaz the names of such learned Aḥmadīs who volunteer to devote time in order to study the literature which has been produced against Islam. Such volunteers take a note of these writings and inform the Markaz about it. The secretary shall coordinate the efforts of this group known as the Tracking and Monitoring Cell.
National Tadwīn Tārīkh Committee
(Committee for the compilation of Jamā‘at History)
362 In order to collect and compile the history of Jamā‘at , a Tadwīn Tārīkh Committee shall be constituted at the national level.
363 The National Tadwīn Tārīkh Committee shall consist of seven members including the National Secretary Ishā‘at, Muballighīn and other persons interested in the history of Jamā‘at.
364 The National Secretary Ishā‘at shall be its secretary and the remaining members shall be appointed with approval of Ḥaḍrat Khalīfatul-Masīḥ on the recommendation of the National Amir.
365 The duties and functions of the National Tadwīn Tārīkh Committee shall be:
- It shall identify the sources for the collection of the Jamā‘at history, e.g., The Daily Al-Faḍl Rabwah, International Al-Faḍl London, Friday Sermons and Addresses of Ḥaḍrat Khalīfatul-Masīḥ, local newspapers, magazines, reports published on special occasions, narrations by individuals, etc.
- It shall discuss and analyze the historical material collected from different sources and finalize it.
- It shall then finally compile the history, obtain approval from Additional Wakilul-Ishā‘at and publish the finalized material.
- It shall establish Regional Committees in larger Jamā‘at s and set out a guideline for them to compile the history of their relevant regions.
- It shall finalize and publish the historical material relating to a specific period, as and when, it is available / collected.
- It shall be responsible to collect record of significant functions / events of the Jamā‘at, as and when, they take place.
- It shall cover in detail the visits of Ḥaḍrat Khalīfatul-Masīḥ to the country.
366 The Regional Committees shall be responsible to compile the history of their relevant region in line with the instructions and directions of the national committee.
367 It shall be the duty of National Secretary Ishā‘at to regularly collect historical information from the country and the regional committees and to present the received matter in the National Committee which should then be finalized.
(Source: Rules and Regulations of Tahrik Jadid Anjuman Ahmadiyya, Revised Edition 2016)